Psychotherapy, Somatic & Mindfulness Approaches
Emotional problems can lead to significant psychological distress and interfere with living your life happily. You may feel anxious, depressed, have problems concentrating or relating to others.
Psychotherapy can not only provide symptom relief and help you regain better control of your life, it can further aid in achieving a deeper understanding of yourself by identifying long-standing patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving. These patterns might be so habitual, ingrained and repetitive that they limit your choices and possibilities in life.
Through listening deeply, exploring and reflecting with Dr. Birklein, these-often unformulated and unconscious-patterns can be felt and thought about. Through an integrated body mind/mindfulness approach you will learn to better listen to:
- how do these patterns express themselves in personal or work relationships
- how can you discover more layers of your feelings
- how can you learn to gain new understanding, make meaning of your life and gain new perspectives
Psychotherapy will re-mobilize your energy, help you become more active in making conscious choices and decisions, and be an agent in your own life. It will allow more room for creativity and play, for momentum and meaning.
With over twenty years of experience in private and public sectors (including consulting for TV shows, and international presentations and workshops), Dr. Birklein offers a full range of psychological services tailored to your needs. Dr. Birklein also collaborates with pharmacologists on a case-by-case basis.
Dr. Birklein offers psychotherapy and psychoanalysis to individuals and couples struggling with:
- Relationship issues
- Gender and Identity
- Cultural transitions and Immigration
- Work-related problems
- Self-defeating behaviors
English and German speaking
How to Get Started
Get started today by scheduling an appointment. The first 1-3 sessions serve as consultations. This is an opportunity to talk about what you would like to work on, and what you expect from treatment. We will discuss how I may be of help to you, and see if we are a good “match” for ongoing treatment.
- Individual psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Couple’s Therapy
- Business consulting
- Movement pattern analysis
- Movement Therapy
- Psychological evaluations and testing
- Coaching & Consulting
- Student psychotherapy (Dr. Birklein is a preferred provider for NYU, Columbia and New School Counseling Centers).
- Individual and group supervision
- Clinical consultations
- Private practice consultations