SYNC Psychological Services, PLLC & SYNC Somatics™
“Modern Psychotherapy with a Creative Edge”
SYNCPSYCH is a comprehensive private group psychotherapy practice and clinical training facility in Manhattan. We provide a variety of services to a diverse clientele via telehealth and in-person therapy in our Flatiron Offices (satellite offices in Syracuse and Kingston, NY). The group practice includes licensed psychologists, psychoanalysts, social workers, creative arts therapists, and trainees–a diverse and compassionate group of clinicians, serving adults, adolescents, couples, and families. As a team of professionals, we strive to be collaborative and supportive, while continuing to learn from each other via meetings and presentations. The environment at SYNC is warm, flexible, collaborative, innovative, and creative.
Our services include psychodynamic psychotherapy, relational/interpersonal psychoanalysis, Lacanian psychoanalysis, PTSD and trauma therapies, CBT and DBT, Polyvagal Therapy, and neuropsych testing. In addition, we integrate somatic, body, movement, and creative arts-based psychotherapy, as well as yoga-based psychotherapy and polyvagal therapy. Our mission is to create and provide a non-biased, diverse, non-judgmental, racial, sexual, political, and ethically conscious environment.
Clinical issues range from anxiety and depression to relationship concerns, work problems, emerging adulthood struggles, trauma, PTSD, LGBTQIA+, race, sexuality, gender non-conforming, non-binary, queer, social justice, cultural transitions-, and identity issues. We strive for a non-biased, culturally diverse, socially just, racial, and ethically conscious environment.
We are affiliated with Columbia University, Barnard College, The New School, and NYU Counseling Services and receive referrals for students.
Our Clinicians speak English, French, Spanish, and German.
Currently, we are seeking clinicians who have a specialty in couples therapy, LGBTQIA+ specific issues, and other clinical specializations. SYNC strongly encourages BIPOC and LGBTQAI+ identified individuals to apply.
Licensed Psychologists, Postdoctoral Fellows, Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Mental Health Counselors
- Employees (W2)- full and part-time
- Independent Contractors / Fee for Service Positions (1099)
Benefits for Employees include Health Insurance (dental and vision options available), Disability, Paid Family Leave, and Worker’s Comp.
- Steady stream of referrals
- Competitive compensation
- Credentialing with insurance companies
- An in-house medical biller to coordinate benefits/eligibility and submit claims for employees
- An intake coordinator who answers emails and schedules intake appointments
- Individual consultation with our Clinical Director
- Monthly group case consultation/presentations
- Employee-funded health insurance plans
- Supportive team environment
- Beautiful office spaces
- Clinicians receive admin support for scheduling and billing
Clinicians will carry a caseload of 10-30 patients and must be able to work independently,
including scheduling, timely note writing, and billing through our software.
- Solid clinical skills in delivering psychotherapy along with knowledge of clinical theories and techniques
- Excellent organizational skills, including flexible scheduling, timely note-writing, and claim submission through our EHR system (SimplePractice)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Consult with Clinical Director when necessary
- Adhere to company policies and follow directions from the Practice Manager
- An Employee–clinician must maintain a caseload of 20-30hrs to receive health benefits, including vision and dental. Other benefits include PFL, sick leave, and worker’s comp. Your schedule will be self-directed. A clinician with a limited permit will receive weekly supervision.
- An Independent Contractor–clinician (1099) will provide us with an invoice at the end of the month after session notes and billing are completed
- Master’s or Doctorate
Required license or certification:
- PhD, PsyD, LMFT or LCSW, LMHC
Please send CV and cover letter with your interests, focus, and treatment philosophy as a Clinician to:
Dr. Silvia Birklein at: email@example.com.
SYNC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.
Training Programs at SYNC:
SYNC provides training and supervision for pre-licensure psychologists, social workers, and mental health counselors who would like to gain experience in a private practice setting with a primarily psychodynamic orientation.
The Postgraduate Program: A one-two-year, paid, part- or full-time program for psycholovgists, social workers, mental health counselors who have completed their graduate classes and who are collecting their hours toward licensure.
Future Training Program at SYNC:
Somatically, movement and body based training program to better understand the language of the body and movement in psychotherapy and psychoanalysis. Focus will be on trauma, PTSD, anxiety and depression. TBA.