Psychotherapy: Psychodynamic, Cognitive, and Somatic Approaches
Emotional problems can lead to significant psychological distress and interfere with living your life happily. You may feel anxious, depressed, have problems concentrating or relating to others.
Psychotherapy can not only provide symptom relief and help you regain better control of your life, it can further aid in achieving a deeper understanding of yourself by identifying long-standing patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving. These patterns might be so habitual, ingrained, and repetitive that they limit your choices and possibilities in life.
Through listening deeply, exploring, and reflecting, these-often unformulated and unconscious-patterns can be experienced and thought about. Through an integrated approach of talking, reflecting, and body-mind/mindfulness, you will learn to better listen to:
- how do these patterns express themselves in personal or work relationships
- how can you discover more layers of your feelings
- how can you learn to gain new understanding, make meaning of your life and gain new perspectives
Psychotherapy will re-mobilize your energy, help you become more active in making conscious choices and decisions, and be an agent in your own life. It will allow more room for creativity and play, for momentum and meaning.
With over twenty years of experience in the private and public sectors (including consulting for TV shows, and international presentations and workshops), Dr. Birklein and the team at SYNCPSYCH offer a full range of psychological services tailored to your needs. They also collaborate with pharmacologists on a case-by-case basis.
SYNCPSYCH offers psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, counseling, and creative arts to individuals and couples struggling with:
- Relationship issues
- Gender, nonconforming identities, non-binary, trans* (transitioning and non-transitioning)
- Cultural transitions and adaptations
- Work-related problems
- Self-defeating behaviors
English, French, Spanish, Polish, and German-speaking clinicians
How to Get Started
Get started today by scheduling an appointment. The first 1-3 sessions serve as consultations. This is an opportunity to talk about what you would like to work on, and what you expect from treatment. We will discuss how I may be of help to you, and see if we are a good “match” for ongoing treatment.
- Individual psychodynamic psychotherapy
- CBT, DBT
- Couple’s Therapy
- Business Consulting (private practice and group practices)
- Movement Pattern Analysis
- Movement Therapy
- Psychological Evaluations and Testing
- Coaching & Consulting
- Student psychotherapy (Dr. Birklein is a preferred provider for NYU, Columbia and New School Counseling Centers).
- Individual and Group supervision
- Clinical consultations for Professionals
- Private practice consultations (how to set up a single owner, or group practice)
For speaking engagements and workshops about trauma, depression, body and movement and nonverbal communication, please contact Dr. Birklein at email@example.com